2012年2月21日 星期二

back to 1923,. 2012-02-21



I got a camera from 1923 occasionally.

It's a 35mm spring drove camera loaded with a 5m film cassette(250 frames), which designed for single shots, animations, projection and film duplication in a single block. From it's design of integrated functions, it shouldn't be something real professional but a device for professional backup or semi-amateur works;

After simple cleaning and lubrication, the camera seems working again.




I want to see how does a 90 years old camera work.

Since there is no way to develop a 5m strap in a normal lab, I loaded a 135 film into the cassette with some affords, then took some single photos and sequence shots. I spent the first 1/3 roll on single and manual continuous shots, the rest made the 3 seconds animation below.





It's a real experience to try out a 90 years old 35mm cine camera.
oh ya, I made a mistake..... there shouldn't be any color 35mm film in 1923.

沒有留言:

張貼留言